Who we are
The AIMS Ghana Research Centre was established in 2014 with two researchers; Prof. Wilfred Ndifon and Dr. Gaston K. Mazandu as Joint IDRC Research Chairs in Quantitative Biology and Epidemiology.
In September, 2016 the center received Prof. Olivier Menoukeu Pamen, German Research Chair in Mathematics and its Applications, funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, with a mission to conduct and foster cross-cutting research, and national and international collaborations.
Prof. Menoukeu Pamen’s work focuses on stochastic analysis and its applications, and through this position, will strengthen linkages and collaborations between AIMS Ghana and other AIMS Centers, institutions in Africa, in Germany, and globally.
Research Areas: Stochastic Analysis and Applications, Singular Stochastic Differential Equations, Optimal Control, Controlability, Intergrodifferntial Equations, Game Theory, Dynamic Programming, and Quantum Algebra
- Two postdoctoral researchers enrolled
- Six doctoral researchers currently enrolled
- Over 50 publications since 2014
- Summer schools, workshops and conferences organised annually
- Short research visits (1-2 weeks) and long-term research visits (2-4 weeks)