Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment. If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the Senior Finance Officer!
In this role, you will report to the Senior Finance Manager, while providing support in the delivery of financial services, for the Centre’s operational programmes. Your hands-on experience will include
Centre Accounting system maintenance (AccPac), preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, including posting of bank charges and other adjusting items, cash advances, review/reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, preparation of accruals, provisions and a Monthly Finance Report (MFR) for all programme Managers. You will also be responsible to assist programme and Functional Managers to develop budgets format and will be in charge of preparing Financial Statement to be sent to donors.
In addition, the Senior Finance Officer will ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Cash, Bank Payments and receipt by verifying accounting coding on payment requests and cash/bank journals, preparation of bank instructions for signature, (e.g. Bank drafts, bank transfers, etc.), processing petty cash payments and transactions, cash counts and reconciliation to journal balances. This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Ghana Centre in Accra.
Do you have what we need?
• A Degree in Accounting / Business Studies / Finance
• Level 2 of Professional qualification preferably ICAG/ ACCA
• Appropriate qualification in computerised finance systems
• Experience in managing & supporting staff.
• Experience in working for a development organisation.
• Experience in administration
• Competent in financial control and reporting at all levels
• Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring, producing narrative and financial reports to
• Excellent knowledge in computer applications (Windows, spreadsheets, accounting packages,
word processing, e-mail).
• Languages: good written and spoken English
• Good training skills
• Ability to present financial information clearly (orally and written)
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click here to apply.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS Ghana within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept
that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS Ghana is an equal opportunity employer.Download PDF