AIMS Master of Mathematical Sciences for Teachers (MMST)
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Ghana invites applications for a two-year Masters of Mathematical Sciences for Teachers program scheduled to begin in November 2020. This is a special class
training for teachers of mathematics in Ghana. Designed to provide an opportunity for mathematics teachers, AIMS MMST would be on a part-time basis and with a hybrid (70% online, 30% residential) learning curricula. AIMS MMST is a professional program created to expand their knowledge and ensure an in-depth understanding of mathematical foundations relating to core secondary school curricula, and applications of modern mathematics.
AIMS MMST will focus on mathematics and its applications, and challenge learners to be innovative and provide novel activities into the classroom. The program challenges its students to brainstorm creative and dynamic ways of transmitting what they have learned into the classroom.
By the end of this esteemed program, learners would have a deeper understanding of the mathematics underlying the content taught in the classroom. AIMS MMST is equivalent to 4-semester hybrid courses including project-based research.
Skills Courses include:
- Mathematical Problem Solving
- Physical Problem Solving
- History of Mathematics and Mathematical Discoveries
- Technology in Mathematics
- Introduction to Probability Theory
- Communicating Mathematics
- Introduction to Python and SciPy
- Algebra for Teachers
- Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
Review Courses include:
- Geometry for Teachers
- Real Analysis
- Discrete mathematics
- Statistics for Teachers
- Mathematical Epidemiology
- Number Theory for Teachers
- Numerical Methods and Scientific Computing with Python
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Modeling of Computational Mathematics
- Introduction to Classical Mechanics
- Data Visualization
Full scholarships is provided for tuition, books and materials, accommodation and meals at AIMS for the residential period, and other necessary IT equipment.
- A complete application should include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Four-year bachelor degree with sufficient mathematical background
- Electronic versions of all post-secondary transcripts and certificates
- Two letters of references to be submitted directly by referees via the email below
All enquiries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of your email should have your full name and name of program. Example: _ AIMSMMST
The deadline for application is 3 p.m. 25th October, 2020