The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Ghana Girls in Mathematical Sciences Program (GMSP) is an exciting and challenging 9 months program created for bright, curious and creative female high school students to unlock their potential in the mathematical sciences. The goal is to mentor participants to pursue STEM careers at the highest level in research, training and industry. The program is also designed to create a special class of students who will lead cutting edge research and innovation in the next few years.
During the 9-month program, delivery models will include:
• Monthly meetings to train students on how to identify specific problems, probe the problem and find meaningful ways of solving problems.
• Insightful sessions with leading international scientists who will discuss their work and current open problems in their field of research.
• Career mentoring programs where researchers and AIMS alumni will enlighten participants on diverse career options available after pursuing studies in the mathematical sciences.
• Science communication training and industry visits which will enhance the ability of participants to translate technical knowledge into practical terms that the public can engage with.
• Residential component at AIMS Ghana where students take mini courses in selected areas with sound conceptual introduction to the profound and revolutionary ideas at the foundations of modern mathematical sciences.