Today marks the fifth year of the International Day of Education and also marks the mid-point since the UN adopted the 2030 Agenda for people, planet and prosperity, with a set of 17 interlocked goals that will come up for review at the SDG Summit in September on the theme of investing in people.
AIMS Ghana over the last 10 years, has been instrumental in ensuring and providing access to inclusive and equitable quality education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), in line with SDG Goal 4 thus promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all. Through postgraduate training in mathematical sciences as well as gender-responsive research, and public engagement in STEM, the centre is leading innovative scientific training (the development of human capital), technological advances and cutting-edge scientific discoveries in various fields. With Africa’s youth at the heart of the AIMS innovation and transformation ecosystem, the centre will remain committed to contributing to the attainment of SDG Goal 4.
2023 EDUCATION DAY CELEBRATION IN GHANA
Education must be prioritized to accelerate progress towards all the SDGs against the backdrop of a global recession, growing inequalities and the climate crisis. Building on the global momentum generated by the UN Transforming Education Summit (TES) in September 2022, this year’s International Day of Education will call for maintaining strong political mobilization around education and chart the way to translate commitments and global initiatives into action. The Summit was the largest convening of education in recent decades, resulting in national commitments from 133 countries including Ghana to recover learning losses from the pandemic and transform their education to make them fit for the future – more inclusive, relevant and resilient to future shocks.
Key Messages : International Day of Education 2023
Theme: To invest in people and prioritise education
- Investment in skills acquisition by the youth, a vehicle to empower and promote national development
- Leaving no one behind is paramount in post-pandemic education recovery.
- Integration of ICT solutions in education delivery is key in achieving the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4.
- Digital learning is no more optional if we must accelerate progress towards achieving SDG4.
- To effectively transform education in Ghana, government must accelerate efforts increase the current allocation of national education budget from 12% to 23%.
- Strengthened education systems and empowered agencies, drives partnership with stakeholders.
- Start Right with Early Reading to make a difference
- Education Partners – take action together and make a big difference in children’s learning
- Early Reading, our Future Our World
- Invest in Youth Skills for Better Tomorrow
- Strengthen digital learning, the way to go
- Education Partners, Commit to Promote Learning, Create Opportunities, To Acquire Skills that will change Lives
- Parents, Families, Communities, Invest now in Your Children’s Education to Develop Your Communities For the Future
- I am the future You, but cannot become You, Until You Invest in Me
- I am the future You, but cannot become You, Until You make me You.
- All for Ghana, Ghana for All, Invest In Us and We Shall Make You Proud
- Right Age Enrolment supports retention, completion and transition among learners.
- Enroll all 4-year olds in Kindergarten, the Future is Theirs!
- Invest in Girls Education Now, for a Better Tomorrow!
- Re-Entry into School After Childbirth is Possible, Go back to School!
- Inclusion Power, Everyone can Flower!
- Inclusion is a Right, Not a privilege!
I AM A PARENT!
- MY CHILD’S EDUCATION IS MY BUSINESS: I MUST SEND THEM TO SCHOOL
- HELP TO EDUCATE YOUR CHILD; IT’S YOUR DUTY
- I WILL HELP MY CHILD TO GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN
- SEND YOUR TO SCHOOL EVEN AFTER 6 YEARS; THEY ARE NOT TOO OLD
- SEND YOUR CHILD WITH DISABILITIES TO SCHOOL; THEY CAN LEARN
- I WILL HELP MY CHILD TO GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN; THAT IS MY DUTY
- TO HELP MY CHILD TO LEARN WELL, I WILL KEEP THEM HEALTHY
- I WILL PROVIDE MY CHILD’S NEEDS TO LEARN
- END YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL AT THE RIGHT AGE: 4 YEARS TO KG 1 AND 6 YEARS TO B 1.
Source: UNESCO Ghana