Dr. Prince K. Osei – Centre President, AIMS Ghana and Director, Quantum Leap Africa (QLA), has recently been nominated to the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on the Future of Quantum Economy for the 2023-2024 term. This is a great milestone and the Centre extends to him a hearty congratulations!
What is the World Economic Forum’s Network of Global Future Councils?
“Innovative thinking, fresh ideas, interdisciplinary approaches and expertise are more necessary than ever to address complex economic, social, environmental, industry and technological challenges.”
The World Economic Forum’s Network of Global Future Councils is the world’s premier multistakeholder insight network, designed to generate deep understanding of frontier topics as well as established systems and how these issues affect other global, regional or other industry-specific challenges. The network brings together the world’s foremost experts from academia, business, government and civil society and helps identify and disseminate transformative ideas with the potential for global impact.
There are three core tenets to the Network of Global Future Councils:
– Fresh ideas and innovative thinking: Nurturing cutting-edge and disruptive ideas and developing the foresight to identify and shape key areas
– Grounding in expertise and evidence: Providing a foundation for data-, evidence-, fact- and research-based public-private cooperation
– Interdisciplinary and systems approach: Connecting the dots between established and frontier issues and integrating thought leaders from business, academia, civil society, government and international organizations
The network is fully embedded in the Forum’s key centres and platforms, ensuring that the work of the councils is developed alongside the key communities and alliances in a position to convert ideas to action. The councils’ ideas are also publicly disseminated through a Forecast report in October each year, building momentum of the Annual Meeting of the Global Future Councils, and selected councils are invited to join the Forecast dialogue series, comprising live-streamed cross-council exchanges.
Global Future Councils Portfolio 2023-2024
The 2023-2024 term brings together around 600 of the most relevant and knowledgeable thought leaders grouped into 29 expertise-based thematic councils:
– Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chains
– Future of Artificial Intelligence
– Future of Autonomous Mobility – Future of Care Economy
– Future of Cities
– Future of Clean Air
– Future of Climate and Nature Philanthropy
– Future of Complex Risks
– Future of Cybersecurity
– Future of Data Equity
– Future of Economics of an Equitable Transition
– Future of Energy Transition
– Future of Food and Water Security
– Future of Geopolitics
– Future of Good Governance
– Future of Growth
– Future of Job Creation
– Future of Metaverse
– Future of Nature and Security
– Future of Net-Zero Living
– Future of Quantum Economy
– Future of Responsible Investing
– Future of Responsible Resource Use
– Future of Responsive Financial Systems
– Future of Space
– Future of Sustainable Tourism
– Future of Synthetic Biology
– Future of Technology Policy
– Future of Trade and Investment
Membership The Global Future Councils are invitation-only communities and members are invited for a two-year term, from March 2023 to December 2024.
Members are able to leverage:
– Collaboration with a global network of experts across disciplines to develop ideas associated with emerging and established systems
– The extensive reach of the World Economic Forum’s platforms to disseminate ideas and opinions, including though the Forum’s public engagement platform and global, industry and regional dialogues and events organized or hosted by the Forum
– Interaction with the Forum’s stakeholder communities to put ideas into action by engaging with initiatives, task forces and activities undertaken by the Forum and its partners Council members are expected to participate regularly in virtual interactions and council activities via the Forum’s TopLink platform, email and regular meetings. Each council’s insights are also taken forward by the Forum’s ongoing initiatives, communities and meetings to ensure impact and influence.